COVID 19, the All Secure Standards & your role as an exhibitor made to help keep everyone safe.
Since 19 July, the All Secure Standards have been updated – if you want to read the full version, you can download the latest version here. The following points replace the information we have previously given in the Exhibitor Manual.
ACCESS TO THE EVENT
All personnel will be required to register with Jonas Events – the Olympia Beauty registration system, accessed via the E-Zone. This includes all staff on site during build, open or breakdown. Each member of your team must register themselves. Once you have registered, we will be able to communicate with you and each member of your team individually – you will have an Event Profile page, where we will be posting any COVID updates and Site Rules for you. It is a really simple process – we are not asking you to do anything too onerous! We will also be asking for proof of your COVID Status - please see VACCINATION & TESTING below.
VACCINATION & TESTING
Everyone over 16 and entering the show will need to demonstrate their COVID-19 Status before entering Olympia Beauty by providing either:
- Proof of full vaccination – both doses received (with the second at least 14 days prior to the event)
- Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test taken prior to travel on the day of arrival at the event
- Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of the event (including 10 days self-isolation following the result).
Resident in England:
You can show your status easily via the NHS COVID Pass on the NHS App. For more information on how to do this, please click here
If you don’t have access to a smartphone or computer, then you can call 119 to request a letter to demonstrate your vaccination status or online here. Please note that the letter can take up to 5 working days to reach you. This letter will be sent to the address registered with your GP.
The NHS App
Downloading the NHS App can take up to 24hrs to validate, so make sure you do it early!
From outside England:
- Scotland - obtain your full vaccination status here.
- Wales - obtain your full vaccination status here.
- Northern Ireland - Ticket holders from Northern Ireland will be required to provide evidence of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test, by reporting the result here and presenting your NHS email or text notification at the entrance.
- EU or outside the EU - All government regulations regarding travel and entry into the UK remain. As part of entry into the UK a PCR rest is required and proof of this will be sufficient. Additionally, CDC card, US state-level digital certification (you will need to show proof of USA residency, such as your USA passport or Green Card) or the EU digital Covid certificate (EU DCC) or paper equivalent will also be accepted.
Not able to access the NHS COVID Pass?
If you cannot access your NHS COVID Pass or if you do not receive a vaccination status letter in time you will need to provide evidence of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test, by reporting the result here and presenting your NHS email or text notification at the entrance.
How to upload your lateral flow
If you are demonstrating your COVID-19 Status using an NHS Lateral Flow Test this should be taken prior to travel on the day of arrival at Olympia Beauty. You can order NHS Lateral Flow Tests here or pick them up from any pharmacy or test site.
Once you have taken your test, you will need to report your result on the NHS website here. You will receive a text or email notification confirming your negative test result, to present on entry. A positive result from an NHS Lateral Flow Test means it’s likely you had coronavirus when the test was done. You and anyone you live with must not attend Olympia Beauty and self-isolate immediately. You are then advised to get a PCR test to confirm your result as soon as possible.
If you are using an NHS Lateral Flow Test to demonstrate your COVID Status, this will remain valid for 48 hours from the time you took the test. You will then need to re-test on the expiry of the initial 48 hours period.
CLEANING & HAND SANITISER & HYGIENE MEASURES
Personal hygiene is, and will continue to be, a key measure in protecting yourself & others from COVID-19. As a result, providing hand sanitiser on your stand remains mandatory. Hand sanitiser should be at least 70% alcohol. You should still consider all the touch points on your stand – a touch point is something that your customers may want to pick up, touch or use. As an event, the following enhanced measures will still be in place
- Timings, frequency and sign off sheets will be posted in all high touch point areas including, doors and handrails.
- Anti-bacterial units will be in use across the site
- Signage will be on display throughout as a reminder to wash your hands regularly and using the Government messaging of Hands, Face, Space, Fresh Air.
We do not need to monitor the crowd density, however, as safety remains paramount, we will still have the following in place.
- Registration with Jonas Events by all personnel on site and scanning at each entry / exit point (as above).
- Visitors will not be permitted to leave by a fire exit and must scan out as they leave the event.
- Aisles have been widened where possible.
Face coverings are no longer mandatory but at Olympia Beauty we will be a mask friendly event. We would advise that should a customer come onto your stand wearing a mask, consider if you or your staff would do the same. You may also find some of your staff would prefer to wear a mask!
SOCIAL DISTANCING, YOUR STAND AND YOUR STAFF'S SAFETY
Social Distancing is no longer a requirement. However, we advise you to consider how your customers and staff may feel about attending Olympia Beauty – and build those considerations into your stand design.
We would still advise, if you have received permission to retail on your stand, that you encourage contactless payments rather than cash.
Do a quick self-health assessment each day! How do you feel?
If you feel at all unwell – don’t come to Olympia Beauty! Call 111 and follow Government Guidelines
VENTILATION & FRESH AIR
As part of the redevelopment Olympia has installed new ventilation systems that draws in fresh air - combined with improved state of the art system controls, it is significantly more efficient than before. Olympia Grand has over a quarter of a million cubic metres of air, and this will enable Olympia to maximise the fresh air supplied and extracted to ensure an improved air change rate.