Get more for your beauty buck with the FHT
While it might be tempting to think ‘all insurance policies are the same’, it is worth finding out exactly what you’re getting for your money (or not) before you take out a new policy or renew an existing one.
The FHT’s Combined Medical Malpractice, Public and Products insurance policy – underwritten by insurance giant, Hiscox – is one of the most comprehensive policies available to beauty, complementary and sports therapists. It covers more than 360 different therapies and techniques, the majority of which can be added at no extra cost on qualifying, if you hold a relevant prerequisite qualification.
However, it’s not just the vast number of therapies covered that makes the FHT policy really stand out – it’s the additional cover* that is provided as standard, irrespective of whether you purchase a £2 million, £3 million or £6 million policy. For example:
- Personal accident cover– a one-off £10,000 payment if an accident leaves you permanently disabled and unable to work in any occupation.
- Identity fraud– up to £5,000 to cover expenses that are solely the result of identity fraud.
- Temporary cover working abroad– cover for up to 30 days when travelling and practising treatments overseas (excluding USA and Canada).
- Losses from dishonesty– if you suffer a loss from an act of dishonesty by an employee, you will be indemnified against any direct financial loss you suffer as a result.
- Claimant’s legal costs– if you are found negligent, the policy will pay out compensation to the claimant AND their legal costs.
- Defence costs– in the event of a claim against you, your insurance will cover the costs of legal representation.
Other cover provided as standard includes compensation for court attendance, infringement of intellectual property rights, and loss of documents.
Find out more at fht.org.uk or call 023 8062 4350 for an informal chat with the FHT Team.
*This article does not cover the full Ts&Cs of FHT’s Medical Malpractice insurance policy, which can be found in the policy documents, comprising the policy wording, schedule and any endorsements.