How we use your personal information
(1) We may process your personal information for our legitimate business interests
(2) For example, if we send you direct mail or email it is because we believe it is relevant to you based on the information we hold
(2a) If you enter a competition you agree that we may send your entry to the competition organiser/partner who is donating a prize/item in a goody bag and who may send you information about their products and services – you will be able to unsubscribe at any time.
(2b) As a trade event our product(s) are intended for industry recipients only.
(2c) If you attend the Olympia Beauty show and allow your badge to be scanned by an exhibitor, sponsor or speaker when at the event, you will be providing them with your personal data. You understand that they will then be able contact you about their products or services.
(3) If we send you any information by post or email you will be able to opt out by contacting us at this email address firstname.lastname@example.org or, in the case of email, by clicking the unsubscribe link which will be included in every email.
(4) We may send you information which concerns either our products or services, or third parties products or services. Your opt out will include the choice of opting out of either one or both of these sources.
(5) Categories of personal data include full name, full address, ethnicity, company name, phone number, email address and information about your job title and the type of company/industry you work in. If we send you any information by post we will print your name, job, company and address.
(6) We will hold this data until you inform us that you are no longer interested in our information or are no longer in the industry, or if we learn from other sources that you are no longer in the industry or at the location we have on record for you.
(7) You are receiving information from us because you registered to attend Olympia Beauty, signed up to our free newsletter or because we acquired your data from publicly available resources or a third party.
(8) Your Rights:
(a) The right to be informed – this is what we hope to achieve by providing you with these ‘How we use your information’ details
(b) The right of access – you can ask us at any time to tell you what information we hold on you. We have to respond within a month of receiving your request.
(c) The right to rectification – you can ask us to correct any incorrect information we hold on you. We have to do this within one month of receiving your request.
(d) The right to erasure – you can ask us to delete the information we hold on you. This has some restrictions – for example if you tell us not to send you anything we may have to keep your contact details on a ‘stop’ list to ensure you are never re-added to the recipients of our communications.
(e) The right to restrict processing – for example you could tell us you want to carry on receiving Scratch Newsletters but you don’t want to receive any communications sent by us on the behalf of others
(f) The right to data portability – you can ask us to send you the data we hold on you in an electronic format so it can be shared with others. In practice we primarily just hold your contact details so you continue to have this right but it is unclear how useful it might be to you to exercise it.
(g) The right to object – you have the right to object to our processing your data. As mentioned in several areas you can unsubscribe from any communication we have with you.
(h) Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – we hold a small amount of data such as your job and your company. This is primarily to show that you are in the beauty industry. Although this is in some way automated decision making our entire remit is to provide business to business communication with you; if you object to this then the right to unsubscribe from our communications still holds true.
(9) Please address any complaints you have about how we process your data to Ian Archbold, General Manager, Olympia Beauty, Quadex Exhibitions, The Courtyard, 1 Market Square, Westerham, TN16 1AZ or email Ian.email@example.com. If you are still unhappy you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF ico.org.uk