What is the Charlotte Tilbury Pro Artist Program?
The Charlotte Tilbury Pro Artist Program is an exclusive Pro Programme for professional makeup artists and makeup students! Complete with a number of unique benefits, including a 30% discount across most beauty products, unique giveaways, events and new product previews!
Why is Charlotte Tilbury now expanding into the professional industry?
To support makeup students fellow makeup professionals and spread the the CT Love and Makeup Magic!
How does a make-up artist become a member?
All applications are through our website: www.charlottetilbury.com
To become a member of Charlotte Tilbury Pro, email firstname.lastname@example.org under the PRO section. Artists are required to submit documentation outlined in T&C’s, plus the following details: First name, Last name, Email address, Date of birth, Mobile number, Country of residence, Professional website & Instagram handle.
Make sure you head over to http://www.charlottetilbury.com/uk/pro-program to register today!
Continue reading to find out more about Charlotte Tilbury…
An interview with Charlotte Tilbury
What are your make-up kit must-haves?
- “Charlotte’s Magic Cream, I never ever go anywhere without my award-winning, miracle workingmagic cream.It was how this brand came to life and it’s my secret weapon for dream skin! It contains Camelia oil, Rosehip oil, Bio-Nymph Peptides and Hyaluronic acid – instantly flooding the skin with moisture. I never apply makeup without it; it gives me the perfect glowing looking base.”
- “Hollywood Flawless Filter it’s the ultimate high gloss, high glow celebrity-skin-filter-a-bottle for real life, super-starlit skin! It has the versatility of a primer, the mega-watt glow of a highlighter, and the perfecting properties of your favourite digital filter.”
- “I am a mascara obsessive and for the ultimate volume mascara, my NEW Legendary Lashes Volume 2is my most miraculous mascara yet! It gives over 500% more volume and is long-wear, smudge-proof and humidity resistant so the Hollywood flutter can last all day!!!”
- “I have just launched my amazing NEW Collagen Lip Bath!! It creates a gorgeous fuller-looking, plump effect on the lips. It’s a hybrid lip enhancer that conditions, refreshes and bathes your lips in lustrous marine collagen while you wear so you can get the most sumptuous looking pout and the lips of your dreams in seconds.”
- “My Lip Cheatlip liners really are every girl’s best friend and I’ve just created 5 brand new shades including Bond Girl and Walk of Shame perfectly matched to my famous Matte Revolution shades and Supersize Me which looks gorgeous with Confession and Secret Salma. You can create the appearance of fuller, wider lips with a flawless finish in an instant. They have a velvety texture that glides over the lips with a wax and oil rich formula that works beautifully as a stencil, ensuring lip colour lasts.”
- “For a glowing, radiant complexion everyone needs to try my Instant Magic Facial Dry Sheet Mask,I carry one with me everywhere I go – it really is like having an expert facial on the go! The genius ingredients –including vitamin B3, crocus bulb extract, peptides, oils and butters penetrate deep into the skin using a unique bio mimetic vector delivery system, providing nutrients where the skin needs it most. It is the ultimate skin pick-me-up!!”
- “As a make-up artist, I͛’ve always been wary of talc-heavy powders that create a cakey-skin finish that make women look old before their time. I have created not a powder, but a micro-powder that is like the most finely-milled, highest thread-count cashmere. Airbrush Flawless Finishdoesn͛’t sit in lines but optically blurs their appearance away, whilst giving the skin an ultra-luxe luminosity for a high definition result.”
Where does your passion for make-up stem from?
“My ambition and journey as a makeup artist started back when I was growing up in Ibiza, it is such a magical, bohemian place. I was constantly surrounded by a melting pot of creatives and visionaries who sparked my own creativity and I was therefore always walking a path towards makeup artistry. My talented father, Lance, as a painter in Ibiza, gave me an amazing root in colours, tonality and contrasts. Iremember the first time I wore mascara, it changed my life!! When I was 13 I went away to boarding school and I started wearing mascara. Overnight, everyone from 7–70 reacted to me in a very different way – I was instantly more empowered, magnetic and mesmerising – I felt enriched with confidence. I always knew I wanted to create my own brand. I started dreaming it up at school as a young girl. I would always give my friends makeovers, advise them on what clothes to wear, the colours that suited their hair colour, and eye colour…How to make themselves the most beautiful versions of themselves!!”
What advice would you give to aspiring make-up artists?
“My one piece of advice to anyone wanting to become a makeup artist or trying to build their own brand is to never give up and always have self-belief! It’s so important to have a single-minded focus, visualise success, dream big and dare to make your dreams your reality! I believe in the power of visualisation. Visualize what you want and don’t give up until you get it… dare to dream it, dare to believe it, dare to do it! You need to be professional, dedicated and hard-working to make it in the industry, but most of all you need to have fun – to be successful you need to love what you do!! When I was starting out, I received a note from a Beauty Editor saying “Knock it to them, Charlotte. I know you’ll be a star”. It encouraged me to keep following my dream during tough times and really gave me motivation when I was cold calling for jobs and struggling, it made me realise that I just had to believe in myself. Because of this you will find a hand drawn star all over my brand and on the packaging.”
How has the make-up industry changed throughout your career and how have you adapted to these changes? What are your industry predictions?
“The biggest change is the increasing rise of social media – and cleverly incorporating that not only into your brand’s marketing strategy, but also into your product formulas! – alongside the latest innovations in science and technology. In today’s world, social media is king and the key to connecting people from every generation and from all parts of the globe. I wanted to take the magic of this engaging dialogue one step further by mimicking the beautifying filter effects of social media in my very own red carpet products! Taking that ‘selfie confidence’ DNA and turning it into every woman’s reality. As today’s media can cast such an unforgiving light & magnify every single detail, I’ve made sure that my makeup & skincare can help counteract that. My products are essentially digital filters, bottled! Technology & scientific formulations are also built into the very fabric of my brand DNA. It’s this magic trio that allows you to keep progressing and to offer consumers something new, different and life-changing every step of the way.”
What challenges have you faced throughout your career in make-up? How did you overcome these?
“People often ask me what has been my toughest challenge in launching my own brand… there have been a lot of difficult times but it depends on how you choose to perceive them! Rather than see them as lows, I see them as learnings, and opportunities. Self-belief is SO important – it’s just our insecurities that stop us and block us! When someone tells me no, I am like, it will be a YES!!! It’s about determination and I have trained myself to see positive in a negative.”